Tuesday, February 12, 2008

TCP - Cafe #8 - Cafe Caffeine


The name says it all. A straight up coffee house. Great menu with all kinds of sweet and savory fare, lots of drink options and a welcoming atmosphere. What struck me most about Cafe Caffeine wasn't the menu, but instead was the clientele. Within minutes of arriving, I had 2 strangers strike up friendly conversation which I felt almost reluctant to engage in. With The Cafe Project I have taken the role of the quiet observer. Strolling in with my mental notebook in hand and finding all the bits of enjoyment each place has to offer. My intention to interact completely and fully with the place rather than the people. Cafe Caffeine took me in like a new friend. This was local living at Austin's best. A truly refreshing experience. Turns out one of these 'strangers' was a friend of a friend. I've been envying my friend Shannon's business group called GOODNESS for sometime now... and here in the flesh was Bernadette from her group. We had a great time visiting which took my simple visit to Cafe #8 and created something so delightful and personal.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

That's so funny. As we were passing cars, our shuttled children inside, Bern stuck her head out the window and shouted I met your friend Sharon today!