Tuesday, January 22, 2008

The Alamo Drafthouse


I LOVE the Alamo Drafthouse. An Austin original innovative approach to the movie house experience. You just can NOT have a bad time at the Alamo. They are constantly upping the fun factor and I just can't get enough of it. Master Pancake Theatre, original menus to coordinate with movie themes, Rolling Roadshow showings of movies in outdoor locations (Goonies in a cave or Jaws out on the lake) I really wish I could be a full time Alamo junkie. I also love that they are continually opening new permanent theaters in new locations... more Alamo for everyone!

Today, I joined a couple my mamas-group-mamas and their babies for the BABY DAY showing of Jason Reitman's (Thank you for smoking) latest movie JUNO. Super super funny and cute. I really liked it. Even better is being able to enjoy a fresh homemade pizza and Italian soda brought right to you. And even better than that is to have my sweet bambino in my lap able to freely oooh, aaaahh, and babble as he pleases. What a brilliant concept; giving all those new parents a place to get out of the house, enjoy a current movie, but not have to stress about childcare or bothering the people next to you cuz they have a baby too!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

ahhh, that makes me want to go to Baby Day!