Thursday, January 24, 2008

Fair Bean Coffee and Vegan delights


We just got a new espresso maker for the stove top. Isn't it cute? I've always wanted one and now we own an authentic Italian made model. I can't wait to have a cappuccino in the morning. On my way home, I've noticed this new little coffee shop that has beans in bulk, so I decided to give them a try. Fair Bean Coffee. It's on South 1st inbetween Live Oak and Oltorf. I was in hopes of finding Fair Trade Organic Decaf Espresso Beans. The ideal bean, right? I made a new friend, Julia, at the counter (Hi Julia!) and I was able to get a pound of decaf and a 1/2 pound of regular espresso that looked like it had been roasted just that day! This place is beautiful. You definitely want to check it out.

While there, my 12 year old in her post school hunger spies the delicious looking carrot pumpkin cake and decides to get a piece. It turns out its one of sweet Celeste's tasty Vegan cakes... check out her website here: Celeste's Best. If you haven't had one of her cakes... you are crazy and you HAVE TO TODAY! She makes THE most amazing tasting dairy free goodies in the entire WORLD! Not to mention she is the most kind and hardest working woman I've ever known. So you are supporting one of Austin's finest and getting delicious cakes in return.

No comments: